Yesterday Cody had swim lessons. His friends Lilly and Ava (and Erica and Erin!) are in his class too. He was so excited to be there and was a little rowdy during class. He wanted to play in the shallow part of the pool and would try to jump out of my arms to get there. The teacher finally said to just tell him you're going to let go and then let him go and let him sink a little. I did, and the only part that seemed to bug him is that he didn't get to the shallow end fast enough!
I have been getting quite a few contractions lately, but yesterday every time I stood up I was contracting. After I put Cody down for a nap I laid down for an hour but right when I stood up I started contracting again (Braxton Hicks type of contractions, not painful ones). But by then I had started to get nervous. I took Cody to play outside with Ava and Lilly and called my doctor. They told me to go to the hospital to check it out. Everything was fine but they figure I was dehydrated and that's why I was contracting so much. You're supposed to drink 3 to 4 liters of water a day! Anyways, I am so grateful for such good friends. Erin watched Cody and fed him dinner and Erica came with me to the hospital and held my hand while I cried even though I was fine:)! Thanks so much; what would I do without you girls! This is one of the reasons that I love Pullman - good friends.
8 comments:
I am so glad to hear you are ok! Drinking 4 liters of water a day would be difficult!
I totally understand being nervous about the contractions...and the crying at the hospital. I've done it twice now. I'm glad you had friends there to help you. And I'm very glad everything's okay!
I know you would do the same for me. I love you Carrie. I can't wait to meet your next little one.
I'm so glad that everything is okay! Good friends are amazing - I can't imagine what we would do without them! It's good to hear that Cody is enjoying swim lessons too! When does he go? Lucy goes early Tuesday morning and she loves it now!
Wow I didn't know they did swimming so young. Next you gotta teach him to snow ski. I am glad everything is ok with you and the little one. It would be really hard to be by yourself without family there to help you. Glad she is still in there cookin'. Good luck
I'm glad you're okay! I'll keep praying for you anyway though :)
Hey Carrie! I was sitting at my computer today and I remembered that today is your birthday! Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you and the baby are okay, I miss you!
I love that pic of Cody on your blog home page. He is SOOO cute. That is freaky about the contractions. I think I would react in the same way you did. When are you due?
Post a Comment