Family pictures:
Cody jumping in the water:
Ben, Cody and Luke went tubing:
Ben wakeboarding:
Go Jessi!
All the guys at Lake Powell:
All the girls at Lake Powell:
We were sitting separately because we had a Zambian night. Lisa went to Zambia for 2 years with the Peace Corp and took a night to teach us some of their cooking and customs. The women and men eat separately and the women do all the cooking, cleaning, taking care of children...and everything else. I don't know what the men do:) Here we are cooking:

The women carry their children on their backs all the time until they're two years old. My neck got sore after ten minutes.
Luke built Cody a little ride down the dirt in his truck. Him and Blake got a couple of rides!
A bunch of pictures of the little girls, Macey, Lucy and Blake:
The island:
I thought this picture was hilarious. Lizzi and Jessi are so tall and skinny!
The skinny girls about to get crushed:)! This is 'royal rumble'
Our theme this year (if you noticed the shirts) was i.gov. Gratitude Ownership Virtue. I loved the concept of ownership: you are in charge of your own happiness, emotions, future, etc. Entitlement was a big part of that.
The island:
I LOVE going and getting away from everything and just spending time relaxing and hanging out and trying to get a tan. It's different with kids, not as relaxing, but still just as fun. Now I get to watch them have fun too! Cody went tubing, kayaking, swam, and mostly just loved spending time looking for lizards and throwing rocks in the water.
The second week I spent with my family. Ben had to go back to Pullman to work, and we MISSED him. Our family reunion was the next Saturday and Vanessa was blessed on Sunday! She had a beautiful blessing. Part of the Brady tradition is for the babies to put their hand in the cake!

These are the pics I got of our family reunion at my parent's house. It was the Bassett family. It's been years since we've all gotten together. There were tons of little kids! My mom did an awesome job; it was a huge event to plan and prepare but I thought it turned out great.

My high school reunion was also on Saturday. Anyone that wasn't there that is wondering how it was...picture everyone in high school and that is basically how they looked. Everyone is in school or has jobs...and life goes on! I'm glad I went though it was interesting. The funnest part - a bird pooped on my head. Ironically, I saw the birds and thought to myself, I bet I get pooped on! Awesome:)
I thought it would be fun for Cody to see Ben on the webcam while we were in Utah. He started bawling the minute he saw him and kept saying daddy hold me. He loves his dad! We were sad to leave all the fun, but so excited to see DAD!!!!!
3 comments:
That looks like such a fun trip. I'm jealous that you're enjoy summer weather; it's so cold here.
Lake Powell looked like a blast!! I actually considered going to the reunion . . . until I got pretty sick. You'll have to fill me in on more details sometime. Your family is so cute!
I love the bird poop story! I can join you in the ranks on that one, I got pooped on when I was little and had the same thought before it happened...
Post a Comment