Anyone who knows me knows I like to get things at the best price I can find. So this made me happy and I thought I would share.
Goal: Diapers
Store: WalGreens - I had a 15% of coupon for everything I bought that day
1st Transaction: I bought some Dove Men Body Wash, which is really weird because Ben only uses bar soap...but it was worth it. I had the 15% off, plus a $1.50 coupon, plus WalGreeens has these things called register rewards (RR) and you got $6 RR for buying the Dove soap, which means they give you $6 to spend in the store. SO I essentially MADE $3 by buying the soap.
2nd Transaction: I had a $2 off coupon for diapers, the diapers were on sale, I got 15% off, plus I had $6 RR...Diapers: 49 CENTS (Adding in the soap, since I didn't need it, would really make the diapers $4, but that's still a great deal.) Plus $3 RR for the diapers.
I used a couple of other coupons and deals while I was there, but that one was the best. The girl that helped me was so cute, she kept saying I was learning to be a coupon lady. I think off brands are cheaper but they never have coupons.
I love a good deal and I hope I will still do it even when Ben finishes school! Maybe not with this much planning involved though...
7 comments:
Awesome job!!!
Good job! I just got 6 men's deoderant for free @ safeway :) You will love krazycouponlady.com
I'm sticking my toe in the "coupon lady" thing - but have yet to try out Walgreens where it seems you get the biggest bang for your coupon. Good Work - I'm way impressed!
I just went to an Enrichment down here in Idaho that showed me how to do this. I was sad that I didn't have that manufactures coupon for the diapers!! Can't wait to do it in the future. Also got the stuff out in the mail. So hopefully I'll hear soon. I'm sorry it's so much later than we wanted to get it out.
Great deals! Couponing skills... I should jump on the band wagon.
Look at you Miss bargain shopper!!
I love that you are doing this. You should check out moneysavingmom.com and athriftymom.com. Those have really really helped me out. I haven't braved Walgreens and their RR's because they scare me a lot. Good for you!
Post a Comment