I admit, I get obsessed. And mostly obsessed with Repurposing, being a student with not just a small creative budget, but ZERO creative budget. Bless my family for letting me get it out of my system. Here are some of the latest creations. And, just for the fun of it, I will put how much each thing costs.
T-Shirt to Skirt
Cost: Unwanted t-shirts
Ben gave me a pile of 10 t-shirts to take to Goodwill and I couldn't do it because it looked like good usable material to me. Make fun of me, but I should have been born during the great depression. Luckily, I'm not a pack rat because Ben can't handle it. Anyway. I had a skirt from DownEast Outfitters, used as the inspiration:
And someday I will draw a little scaled pattern for the skirt because it is SO easy and fast to make. You need 2 or 3 (or however many colors you want) shirts. Cut them up, sew them together...voila.
This wasn't my idea, it was for super Saturday and I love it! (You can use chicken wire, or this stuff from Ace that's for screen doors)
Crochet Doily Earrings
Cost: $1.25
Batman Capes
Cost: Not much, I got 15 yards of perfect black material for $2.50!
They're not quite done...but will be soon!
Sweater Bag
I got this one from makeit-loveit.com. Use a too-short or unwanted sweater, cut it up, sew it together.
I also did a little kitchen reorganizing this week. I took a picture of one of my drawers just because I love before and after pictures. This is actually quite unimpressive, but I feel better and you get the idea.


And last but not Least:
Pumpkin Cookies
Ingredients
Spice Cake
Small can of pumpkin
chocolate chips.
Mix together and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
6 comments:
You amaze me. Seriously.
You are so crafty!! I wish I was as good at repurposing as you.
Carrie, I really love that skirt. I think we all need to get together and make them sometime.
I want a skirt like that too! Lets have a skirt making night.
Carrie, I saw your skirt on Sunday. Way cute! I love it!
That's awesome. I love your skirt! I was once at my grandma's house for church. I forgot my nylons and had to borrow hers...I couldn't figure out why they felt so funny until I realized that she had sewn two different legs together...one control top, and the other not! Repurposing is awesome. Thanks for the inspiration Carrie!
Post a Comment