Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas in Utah - Collage style

Ben had to work, so the kids and I came down an extra week early. One of the highlights is that I got to meet my two 3 month old nephews. Benson was born in Florida and is a cute little chunk...14 lbs at 3 months! Lynette and Jon are there while Jon goes to school to become an anesthetist.
Brody was born with several birth defects and will get open heart surgery in a few months. Here he is being fed through his feeding tube. Steph and Ryan do amazing with everything, they've never complained once. He is a sweet baby.


The kids went crazy one day at Kangaroo Zoo.

They also got a visit from santa at grandma's house. This is significant because it's the first time Cody has sat on santa's lap and enjoyed it. Vanessa clung to her grandpa in a vice grip the whole time.

I took a picture of Macey and Vanessa because I think they look a lot alike- at least they definitely look like cousins.


We took a ride on The North Pole Express with Ben's family up to the North Pole (somewhere south of Heber City).
These were the reactions to santa. I love it. Macey told Santa, out of the blue, that she wanted a bear and Cody said a train.

We had a family party with Ben's extended family. My favorite part was playing Taboo with his grandparents. Ed didn't talk, just did actions until people told him he could talk. Then he said "It goes like this..." and continued to do actions.
LaRae couldn't see her word so it was whispered to her, but she's a little hard of hearing, so we could all hear the word. Once, her word was Loaf and as soon as we all heard it she howled like a wolf.
Christmas Eve

We spent a day at Discovery Gateway. We found out that our Science Center passes here get us in. sweet. It's an amazing place, but super crowded. Ours in Pullman- a little (lot) less cool, but much less crowded. It's a trade off.
We had so much fun and already miss everyone. I'm not sure when we'll all be together again so we really cherished our time, even amidst all the chaos of our children!

5 comments:

Carly said...

carrie. you must e-mail me those pics of lucy crying at santa on the train- so funny! we miss you guys already!

Erin said...

Holy cow, I had to do a double take on that picture of Macey and her cousin. They look so much a like!!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Those picture of Macey and Vanessa....WOW totally could be mistaken for twins. So fun, glad you had all that family time.

Heather said...

Macey and Vanessa do look so much alike its crazy so FUN!!! and I LOVE all your pictures so CUTE and looks like you guys had lots of FUN!!!

Janene said...

Carrie, I LOVED reading your blog tonight. Thanks for sharing some laughs! I could not stop laughing about the Taboo game...and that you have to Duct Tape Macey's diaper on! Hilarious!! You are one of THE sweetest people I know. :) Glad things are going well for y'all!

And I loved seeing your parents sitting on Santa's lap. Your parents are awesome. It's been a LONG time!