Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mischief

In the past week Macey has:
Dumped out food coloring in the closet.
Dumped out a box of cereal all over the floor.
Dumped out a container of nuts all over the floor.
Colored all over the floor with marker.
Colored on the floor with pen.
Covered a chair in thick lotion.
Multiple other offenses which include any time I don't hear from her for more than one minute I KNOW she's in the bathroom eating toothpaste.
Peed on our bed.
Peed in her crib at nap time six consecutive times. The first time was annoying, the second time I saw it was going to happen again. The third time was my fault for not preventing, the fourth, fifth were crazy because I duct taped her diaper, the sixth was pure resignation. But now, I successfully duct tape all the way around. Anyone that wants to potty train my child is welcome to come over at 6 am when she gets up and get her out of her crib and take her. I'll be up at 7.

It's like she's two...what a long year this will be!

Update: Just now as I blogged this I heard Cody and Macey say "This is fun!" And then I went out and found spaghetti noodles COVERING our entire house. Guess that's my cue to stop blogging!

10 comments:

Carly said...

carrie. i am like crying i am laughing so hard. I love macey! she is so funny. good luck girly!

Erin said...

Oh Macey girl!! I'll bring over some more duct tape!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

I just tuned into your blog after quite a while...and I have to say, your entry made me laugh so hard. Partly because I've been there done that, partly because it makes me feel more normal, and partly because I needed a good laugh. :) But sorry you've had to clean up so many messes.

Rachael said...

Two year olds should be certified crazy! They really are! But..it passes thank goodness. It's so hard to picture Macey into such mischief!!

Kate Clayton said...

But you have to admit, she is darling! She has spunk!

Tara said...

You poor thing. I love the duct tape method.

Brian and Kristy said...

I totally understand. Ethan does that while I'm nursing. 2-year-olds are so fun huh!

Holly said...

Once I got up to find Alex and Annie had taken the Costco size box of minute rice around the house. I could follow their little Hansel and Gretle trail. And it ended right back at the pantry from whence the box had come. I guess it was so Mom wouldn't figure out what had happened. Because 2 and 4 year olds are so smart that way!
Good luck!

Courtney said...

Cute stories. Sounds like you have your hands full. I like your blog. Feel free to check mine out too courtneytravis.blogspot.com

Tarah said...

Oh Carrie...I can't even tell you how much I love this post. Macey will love it too when she reads it when she's way older (I can't believe she's two...I can't believe you guys are almost done with vet school...has that much time really passed?). We miss you guys!