Saturday, April 14, 2012

Welcome to Oklahoma

Last night at 3 am our neighbors knocked on our door. I answered and he said a tornado was headed our way so come over to the storm shelter. Ben was just pulling in from work. As we ran over there our other neighbor said "Welcome to Oklahoma." I feel like now we've been inducted. The storm shelter was small and with that many kids and adults, a little claustrophobic- and I don't usually get claustrophobic. All in all, not that scary because the weather wasn't bad and nothing got close to us. Tonight is supposed to be worse, but it's almost over!

Update: the next night wasn't worse, although we stayed up once again to make sure. They finally took away the warning/watch around midnight. Of course I checked a couple more times just to make sure:) but no tornados here! knock on wood.

4 comments:

Catlin said...

Oh no! I hope you guys are doing okay! That is definitely one scary thing about moving to that part of the country... yikes!!

Lynette said...

I'm so sorry! What did the kids think?

Erin said...

Ah!! Be safe! I'll be happy when you guys get to Oregon!

The Asay's said...

So scary. I am glad you guys are okay!