Mackayla is potty trained.
Unofficially.
She's doing dang good and potty training is easy.
Not! I think I just lucked out with her.
But I might have to retrain her after we move? We'll see.
Preschool for Macey starts with free play time. Usually playdoh is set out at the main table, puzzles, paper and markers at another, maybe trains. Then they have 'circle time', activity, snack, and last is recess. I love the structure of it. It's a co-op of sorts so I help out every so often and I like that, too.
Unofficially.
She's doing dang good and potty training is easy.
Not! I think I just lucked out with her.
But I might have to retrain her after we move? We'll see.
Preschool for Macey starts with free play time. Usually playdoh is set out at the main table, puzzles, paper and markers at another, maybe trains. Then they have 'circle time', activity, snack, and last is recess. I love the structure of it. It's a co-op of sorts so I help out every so often and I like that, too.
We will miss this preschool. Her teacher has worked miracles for Macey.
Macey loves Ann and loves preschool. Considering that it's a group setting, anyone that really knew Macey maybe a year or more ago knows that is a GIANT miracle.
She thrives there.
She thrives there.
Ann told me the other day that in her 30 years of teaching, Macey is one of her favorite. Don't you just love people that love your kids?
Maybe one of the many reasons we came to Oregon was for preschool.
(Macey is wearing one of her favorite "pocket" shirts:))
(Macey is wearing one of her favorite "pocket" shirts:))
After school I always like to ask Macey what they had for snack because she usually loves to tell me.
Today she was describing the crackers, complete with hand actions.
"They were big circles with little holes." [she starts staring at me intensely.] "Kind of like your eyebrow size." [Still seriously studying me. Would be uncomfortable with anyone else.] "And they have holes...Like your nose...the part that goes in. [pointing] Only a lot smaller."
Ritz crackers of course.
Ben has a gift of falling asleep seconds after laying down.
Tonight right before I hopped out of bed to write this he started telling me something very seriously. "We need bigger colons..." He deals with a lot of colicky horses, so I'm sure it was on his mind:). Then said he kind of looked up and said he had no idea what he was saying and drifted peacefully back to sleep.
It's entertaining.
3 comments:
I love the way Macey described the ritz crackers :) That is so cute.
Sidney and Macey have a lot in common. It's fun to hear about your experiences with her :)
And that last little bit about Ben made me laugh. I had that happen to me one time, I was sure I was still awake, but obviously wasn't because I asked Garrett how many movies he'd been in. Then I came to enough to realize the ridiculousness of it, laughed and went to sleep. :)
Good gravy. Clara is no where near potty training, unless you count sitting on the toilet and 'wiping'. I was trying to get her interested for a while there, and nothin'. You and Amy drive me crazy! Geeezzzzz! Haha. Oh well, maybe next year? 3 is fine right? Haha. We miss you guys! Are you coming to Utah before the wedding at all
Post a Comment