Thursday, December 5, 2013

Macey's Surprise Party

Macey turned FIVE today!
She had a Rainbow Birthday.
I LOOVE this face, with some serious wind up.
She asked everyone for a week before her party (it was in Utah on the last day of our trip) if they were coming to her surprise birthday party.
Finally, Amy asked her how it was a surprise if she knew it was coming.
So she explained that the surprise will be that she will wake up and the whole house will be decorated, and she will be so surprised.
I don't think I can convey the level of excitement Macey had for this party.
Thanks go to Bonnie for letting us use her house and helping.
She carefully picked out her cake on pinterest.
This cake inside was made with love by me and decorated with even more love by my sisters Becky and Steph, all night!
They are AMAZING!!
The party attendees were our families!
Another awesome part of this birthday was that at the party we were going to make candy necklaces.
I didn't actually know this, but Macey told everyone that.
So Bonnie went and bought lifesavers the day before for the kids to make them:)
This shirt above has a heart and a pocket on it: two of Macey's favorite parts of shirts. So this is her current favorite shirt:)!
We painted nails rainbow colors.
These are our awesome beauticians.
This was the honorary guest, my sweet new nephew baby Logan!
And a rainbow pinata of course!

For her actual birthday today Ben took her on a date to get ice cream.
She asked me ALL. day. when dad would get home.
and when she would go get ice cream with dad.
These two didn't get to go.
we didn't plan those faces:)
They went to Baskin Robbins. Macey is a very deliberate chooser. She had Ben read every single flavor carefully so she could choose. They have a lot of flavors so that explains why they were gone so long:)
Now something about Macey everyone should know because it's awesome is that when she is excited she talks a Million miles an hour, Nonstop.
It's really cute.
Ben said she talked the whole time, and Macey said they talked about eating ice cream.
She got bubble gum ice cream and her favorite part was eating the bubble gum.

She really wanted rainbow fruit kabobs at the party but we ran out of time. So we had them today. I would have used mandarin oranges, they're prettier...but I ran out of time and had none!

A while ago I got a book from the library 
The Big Big Sea by Martin Waddell
When I read it to Macey she was Enchanted with it and asked me if we could do that.
It's about a mom and little girl who go to the sea together one night, just the two of them.
So last night we went.
I didn't tell Macey where we were going I had her guess.
I told her it was somewhere fun and 
she guessed "SCHOOL!"
When we got to the parking lot and I finally told her, the beach just like the book.
She told me she didn't like the beach but decided it would still be fun to go.:)
We went with two lollipops and a flashlight down and I'm not going to lie it was not peaceful the way I pictured; it was kinda freaky walking down alone.
But we were the only ones on the whole beach and the stars were bright.
It was worth it.
Then we had hot chocolate and read the tales of peter rabbit at home.

I think things got more and more involved because Macey was just so dang excited about it all.
One thing about her though, she never expects anything. She is kind of mature in that way and always incredible grateful for everything. And Excited!
We love your sugar and spice, and sure love you Macey!

2 comments:

Bonnie Crosland said...

Thanks for letting us share in her special day. We had so much fun. She is delightful!!!

Rachael said...

What a perfect birthday for her. I love that she told everyone all the details that she wanted :)