What is your favorite color? orange
Favorite food? Corn dog and hot dog
Least favorite food? chicken
Favorite toy? Monkey (no idea what this even is), and a
whale
Favorite movie? Dora
Favorite song? Shake your booty
Favorite animal? puppy
Favorite thing to do? Play in the boxes outside and inside
What are you scared of? Monsters
Mackayla - Day Two
What is your favorite color? green
Favorite food? Hot chocolate and toast
Least favorite food? Chicken
Favorite toy? monkey
Favorite movie? Dora Explorer
Favorite song? Giggo
Favorite animal? Deers
Favorite thing to do? Playing with toys, choo choo train
What are you scared of? Dinosaurs
Favorite person? Grandma
![]() |
| A "list" of hers |
Mackayla is subtle. People don't know how sharp she is unless they make a point to notice her.
The kids have told her she is shy but I tell her that some kids know how to talk to others and some kids get to learn but she'll be just fine.
Everyday the cross guards at Cody's school wait to hear her cheerful "HI!!!" as we pass by. And she usually updates them on whether or not she has on shoes.
Because she is such a chill child you would never guess that she can chatter NONSTOP in the car. Half the time she says the cutest funniest things but I can't remember them because as I'm trying to stash them in my brain she's yelling, "OK mom?! Ok mom?! Mom!" nonstop.
She loves to interrupt the other two kids when they're excitedly telling me something.
Once she has my attention she'll repeat exactly what they said.
One of her Favorite things to do is draw.
Intricate little pictures that she explains to herself as she draws them.
If Ben isn't home she almost always asks where he is and then says, "Is he at work?" or "Is he at scouts?"
She decided to change right before Cody's baseball game.
Then at the game I realized she was flashing the whole world with her bare bum sticking out of her skirt.
She had taken off her underwear and didn't replace it:)
Luckily I had extra.
Macey
Favorite color? Pink
Favorite food? Blueberries
Least favorite food? Types of chicken
Favorite toy? My pink dolphin with a heart on it
Favorite movie? My little pony
Favorite song? Shakeable you (from ballet class)
Favorite animal? Cat
Favorite thing to do? Snuggle with mom. Watching tv.
What are you scared of? Dragons. [But really?] Lord Garmedon? (I'm going to add: Flushing the Toilet!)
She puts so much detail and effort into every single paper she does in preschool.
One day we were discussing "hobbies."
If you ask me right now, I am going to require my kids to have at least one extra curricular activity to do when they're junior high/high school age. One music and one sport, depending on the dynamics of the kids and how things pan out. I don't know, I'm not there yet.
I asked Macey what she wanted to do for her hobby when she grew up.
She said "school," in this voice that sounded like it would be the coolest thing on the planet if I would let her. So ironically cute.
Tonight she told me she had decided the earth was a boy. There is a song that talks about the earth, it's a primary children's song but I can't pinpoint it right now, and it says "she" for the earth.
But, she reasoned, the earth is made in boy colors, so it must be a boy.
This girl really wants to be understood.
She goes to great great lengths to explain things and make sure she's understood.
Cody
Favorite color? Green, blue and black
Favorite food? Cooked tortillas with jelly and peanut butter
Least favorite food? Rice
Favorite toy? All of them
Favorite movie? Imaginext
Favorite song? Radioactive by Pentatonix and Lindsey
stirling
Favorite animal? Alligator
Favorite things to do? play legos, chess, Sudoku, baseball,
handball
What are you scared of? being lost.
We have hundreds of these drawings.
We always let the kids brings stuff to draw with at church and Cody fills papers with guys, beasts, volcanoes, tornadoes, sharks, you name it.
This is a school project for mother's day. First he used pencil, then crayon, then watercolor. I love it!
Cody's school talks to them about eating healthy.
They must be pretty convincing because one day I put a cookie in Cody's school lunch and he didn't eat it because it's not healthy (that's a big deal for my little food inhaler.)
The kids were discussing Cookie Monster and Mackayla said "I love cookie monster"
to which Cody answered
"Oh, he is so not healthy."









No comments:
Post a Comment