Thursday, July 10, 2014

Celebrate This Country

Some fourths have been low key for us.
This year it was fun to be settled and established and have Ben around! 
I know I say that all the time.
It started early for me; I went on an early morning 15 mile run (=tired) with a little group to Doheny Beach.
I could not believe how crowded the beach was already...the little dots are tons of people and off to my right are gobs of people setting up for the day.
 We went to the parade after that, missed half because we left late and the stroller got a flat, but the kids got candy and they were pretty excited about that. Then we went swimming.
  We had a BBQ with our friends the Bleaks
(donut and fruit kabobs=health and deep fried patriotism all in one)
 Then we hit the pre firework party at the park.
we love these cute friends
Kayla and Grace hold hands everywhere
 the girls have both declared they are going to marry Cody
it is so funny
but he is either unaffected or oblivious so it works out well

 They really put on an incredible fireworks show.
Last year there was strangely no patriotic music
But this year, that's all there was, (but it was good music:))
mixed in with a few band marches
and famous speeches
coordinated perfect with the firework explosions.
I love this country!

 I just finished this book recommended by my mom
I really, really think every American should read this book.
I thought it would be a perfect book to celebrate the fourth-
It is!
Every miracle is an incredible part of our country's history and each one an amazing story.

The next day we went to visit our friends Rob and Tasha up in Long Beach. 
They live in an amazing beach front home along the coast.
We swam at the beach, swam at the pool and relaxed and had dinner.
It is so fun to catch up with old friends
and we Love these friends. 
It's kinda fun to be somewhat close.

 Let's pretend this is a new post.
Wednesday is ward beach day
Macey is so cute, Always wanting to wear her safety gear:)
 On this Wednesday, Cody pretty much boogie boarded the entire day.
 Mackayla really loves the beach. She will build sand castles, she loves getting in the water, and she will pretty much do whatever is around.
I don't say this often enough, but I am so grateful to have such a chill two year old. Two is a rough age, but this go around has been simple (should I hold my breath?:))
Notice Macey in the background, still wearing her safety gear. ha!
 It gets so crowded these days
He finally took a break for lunch!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Your beach days look amazing! I'm jealous!

Marie said...

That book is on my list to read! Now I will bump it to the top with your recommendation. You have the cutest family and I am glad you are all happy and doing well!