Christmas Sunday
was the last of our "performance" things.
I played the piano for the choir
(and the songs were so hard-I don't practice every day like I used to, but I sure had to for these!)
Cody sang a solo.
He wasn't even nervous and he has such amazing pitch.
It was so sweet.
Christmas Eve
We went on a hike up a random mountain during the day. "Hiking" is a lose term since it's hard to get away from houses around here and actually find a "mountain" but I have to remind myself to be realistic with kids anyway.
Dinner went well: ham, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, corn and sparkling cider.
Cookies for santa, eaten by santa: check.
We tried to have a Christmas Devotional and read the Christmas Story.
I had planned to give a sweet message about how tomorrow would be a day of presents from Santa, but tonight we were focusing on gifts from Christ.
Except the kids kept on asking when they would open presents!! ha! I finally got mad and told them tonight was about Jesus and they all felt bad and that ruined the sweetness. haha! You can only try!
Next year I'll do better.
(and over the month Macey cut out a million snowflakes and put them all over our kitchen.)
Merry Christmas Eve
No comments:
Post a Comment