Monday, August 7, 2017

TEN Years and a CRAZY July

If you gather nothing else from this long overwhelming post (I hate clumping one month all together!) then just scroll to the sewing tip, the NAET testing, and the pickle recipe!
And, July marks my tenth year of blogging!

July 4th!!
What a party!
We went to the parade in the morning.
I haven't been there in years and it's a serious zoo. I thought I was so prepared being on the grass in front of the road, but all that meant was that I couldn't see the parade because all the people would be standing in the middle of the road in front of me. Whaddaya do?!



 We went to Cherry Hill, had a BBQ at our house and then headed to fireworks!









 BMX practice! 
 Snake at the farm:/
 I went to girls camp. The theme was We Rise by Lifting Others.
I had to come up with a tag that included caramel popcorn 
It says "We Rise by Lifting Others, just like the Prince Of Peace.
"Pop" to your potential

Incredible group of girls that will include a separate post with all my pictures. 


More awesome sewing class!
These babies can be ordered on Amazon and help the kids sew in a straight line on sewing machines. They are like kid sewing miracles!!!!
They have magnets that attach right onto the sewing machine and just keep the fabric in line for the kiddos. Seriously awesome.
 Macey and I had a mother daughter activity day activity where we went and painted wood signs at a store. Right after this picture was taken Macey was stung by a wasp three times. Pretty traumatic.
Can I get in an any more awkward pose, do you think?
Mackayla took the picture and I'm too lazy to crop it, but in my head I was squatting and she would just get our heads and the sign. hmm.

 Mackayla has been practicing doing my hair.
She sat and pulled and yanked my hair for a good half hour to get this completely perfect.
One day she did my hair for church and was so mad that I took it out and straightened my hair.
Incidentally this is the spot I sit every morning and read my scriptures after a workout. Ben and I have been going to the gym in the morning before the kids wake up. It's the first time we've ever left them alone and so far, so good. It's this new freedom we've literally never known with kids, since we never lived by family either.
I love working out with Ben though. He wakes us up every morning and I roll out and don't talk till we get in the car:)
Usually after I read my scriptures I'll go out and pick a bunch of strawberries or raspberries for the girls to eat with milk.
Cody had his allstar tournament while I was at girls camp and luckily they got through to the championship game and I was able to watch. 



They pulled through with a victory! Pretty exciting!!



These pickles are the crispiest pickles you can make 
you just chop up fresh cucumbers and marinate them, so they don't get soft from cooking.
The recipe is also ridiculously easy with a quick prep time:
2 quarts water
1 quart vinegar
1/2 c pickling salt
Cook in a pot until boiling, let boil until completely dissolved
Add some chopped garlic and dill
Pour into bottles and cool overnight in the fridge.
Add chopped cucumbers and enjoy the next day!
Keep refilling the bottles when you finish the pickles until the brine is diluted out. 
This is a current favorite "fresh produce bakery good." I mishmashed some recipes together to get this and I'm addicted to it.
This is also another fresh produce obsession.
Fresh garden salsa.
It's really the best with guacamole on homemade pita bread.
Moving from food to friends...
 Cute young women at another activity, post camp!

The next week's activity was this giant slip n slide!
I love seeing friends from Ladera. Jennille is someone I could talk to for hours and hours and it would feel like minutes. So fun to see her for a bit!
 I really really miss having friends like this. I'm getting better at dealing with this though. But I'm not sure that's a good thing...
On another note, I burned myself using a steamer. I opened the lid before it cooled down (duh)
It blistered and peeled.
My kids always tell me I have a weird belly button and I tell them it's their fault because it got deformed throughout my pregnancies. It is super weird:)!
 We went to the Days of 47 Rodeo


Cody did some "NAET" testing through a local chiropractor.
This is the only chiropractor Ben has been to that has been able to help his back pain, so I kind of already thought he was pretty awesome.
But he does allergy treatments.
Instead of going to a doctor and getting the skin test, he does muscle testing.
and instead of getting prescribed a pill to help with the allergies, or being told what to avoid, he just makes it so you're not allergic anymore.
But the treatment is so far outside the box of normal that it was hard not to snicker occasionally.
One day the only thing he could eat was french fries and gummies for 25 hours!
Part of the treatment is having the allergen next to his skin for a certain amount of time. 
This day was especially funny and strange. 
Then he had to wear a mask that he was not a huge fan of, and I wasn't very sympathetic to. People in China wear them everyday. :)
I will say this: Cody was super allergic to the hay at his grandpa's farm and he is no longer allergic to it.
 The kids first official BMX race was a success! 





My van was rear ended on the freeway. Luckily none of us were hurt! And the insurance has been a dream to work with, fingers crossed, cause the van is getting fixed right now. 

 It was hit while we were on our way to the Uintas. We just went up for the day and I can't wait to go back! It was a little rainy that day but we went to the "fairy garden" near the campground and walked around. I love it up there in the mountains!





Mackayla lost her second front tooth!
She pulled it out herself. 

She's getting pretty specific with her requests:) 
July marked TEN YEARS of this blog, with a few predated posts snuck in.
That's countless hours of writing and posting
and I'm pretty glad I'm doing it.


No comments: