Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Week to be Thankful For

So...where to start...we came in late Friday night and headed off on Saturday to see Ben's 'people,' with a birthday party for Macey that night. She is going to be ONE so soon! We had a quiet evening....no, it was crazy! And Fun! Here's the grandkids: Cody, Macey, Lucy, and Blake.Ha! I caught him with a smile:)This was a princess party and the girls got princess crowns. Macey wasn't having it. Little Lucy didn't even bat an eye, she always has things on her head:)Cody was not excited about his prince crown :)Macey daintily picked at the cake at first, possibly because it didn't resemble fruit. Then I stuck some in her mouth- she didn't like it. Then SHE put some in her mouth and liked it, liked it more,
...and loved it. Then she graced us all with a little Macey dance. Watch the first five seconds, then she really gets down.
With my family I wanted to make a pink pony cake. I started with a carrot cake then found some pink icing. It was cherry...not a good combo, but it was a cake nonetheless.
Cody and Clayton opened Macey's presents for her:)On Thanksgiving we decided to get some pictures of our family. It started out badGot worseand worseand this is how it ended. Oh well, better luck next year!Here's Macey the little WhoBen and Cody are (forcefully) wearing their matching hats that I knit for them. It such a grandmotherly skill, but I have so much fun doing it.
On Wednesday Ben ewent fishing with his dad and Jon, our brother in law. They went on their annual Island Park fishing expedition in the freezing cold. Here's one of the rainbows they caught.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE that Video she is so CUTE!!!!

Carly said...

seriously Macey is the best dancer ever! Miss you guys already! Can't wait for Christmas!

Rachael said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!! That's so cute Macy loved her cake and even picked it up to eat it. I LOVE her dancing. That is hilarious. And way good job knitting hats. They're super cute!!

Kate Clayton said...

Looks like fun. I love the matching hats. Glad you guys are back!