Having said that, we can't stay locked in all the time. We went to the zoo on $1 Wednesdays. Once again, the snakes were a hit. They also got close to a couple of peacocks and we took a train ride.
On the fourth, Ben actually was able to make it to half of the parade with us, which was pretty exciting. (He had to work that day). The only disappointment was that they didn't throw candy. I like candy and I was bummed, but it was a long parade with lots to see. We brought plenty of frozen treats to survive the heat.



In the evening Cody and Macey stayed up late to see the fireworks, and were so tired by the time it was dark that they barely made it to see some of them go off. Macey was begging to go to bed. I wasn't complaining. Night time is my sanity! 8:00 is a magical hour:) No fireworks are illegal to set off in our neighborhood and it was pure insanity that night, but pretty fun to watch. Actually they were going like crazy for about a week.
6 comments:
I think being stuck inside for any weather is no fun! Hot or Cold!
Wow Carrie-You are awesome! I cant imagine being pregnant in that kind of heat!Hopefully you guys will get a break soon! Miss you guys!
Sorry about the heat. That. Seriously. Sucks.
Wow that is hot. You poor girl being pregnant in the heat. We miss you guys. I love Macey's pig tails
Yikes Carrie! That's way too hot. You are a super mom for taking your kids out in the heat. Macey looks so big, her hair is getting so long!
I hope you guys have air conditioning. We sure miss you guys. You'll have to keep us posted on what life after school is really like :)
Post a Comment