There was a huge storm here last night. Winds around 60 mph and lightning and thunder. I have no idea why I took this picture because most of the broken, damaged trees were in our backyard, but this is our driveway debris. We have had a tree leaning on our power line (that I have mentioned twice to our landlord...) that blew over last night and was precariously hanging on the line this morning. The power went out last night, which made it hot, but it came back on this morning. Perfect I thought-at least we have power.
I called the electric company and they put us on a LONG list of people that needed help. But their priority were the people without power or lines down. (10,000 people didn't have power this morning so we were low on the list).
Luckily my neighbor happens to be an electrician. This afternoon he came over and said he happened to notice that the neutral (?) line of our power line had snapped and if we kept running our electricity we would burn our house down. So he turned all the power off to our house for me.
It was not as hot as it has been, but it was 99 degrees today, so naturally I cried and panicked. I'm not in a normal state of mind anyway, right?:) But then, as if that wasn't a blessing enough that he kept our house from burning down, I looked out our back window and there was a power guy in our neighbors backyard. I ran out there and told him what was wrong. He looked at me and told me his wife just had a baby and got his ladder and fixed our line in 20 minutes. I guess it helps to be humongously pregnant.
I feel so blessed that those two things happened within 10 minutes of each other and that our house didn't burn down.
5 comments:
I'm glad for you too! Tender mercies :) Every time I start complaining about the heat I think of you and try to keep quiet!
PS...thanks for the belly pic!
Wow! That is a blessing. Im so glad you guys are OK.
Glad to hear you are ok. I will keep you in our prayers!
Oh my goodness Carrie, that is crazy. We have been seeing on the news the storms you have been getting up there. Wish we would get some rain down here but no such luck!! Glad everything worked out so well! I can't imagine sweating to death in the heat without AC in your condition :)They were talking about pregnant women on the news yesterday and how they are more susceptible to heat stroke and exhaustion. It made me feel like I was justified in my complaining and misery :) You are justified too!! Only about a week left! SO CLOSE!!
That's so awesome. I'm so sorry about the heat!!
Post a Comment