I wasn't going to post anything about this to keep it a 'secret' but I decided against it because I'm grateful for them. We had some "Santa's Elves" bring us 12 days of christmas gifts this year. Cody and Macey absolutely loved it!! A countdown calendar, darling kids game, ring pop christmas trees, a festive doormat, gingerbread house, just to name a few. Meanwhile, during that time I had a few days of pure overwhelmed-ness. Even a little depressiveness. I'm making up words. Everyone has them and some people pretend they don't but we all do. Ben gave me a blessing. I'm over it, enjoying life, and just waiting for the next time I crack!:) Well, at some point I was wondering if anyone here even cared and then I remembered we had a secret santa, who most likely drove a half hour out of their way to deliver something to us every day. That is HOURS of time they spent just to let us know that they cared. I have never been so grateful for anyone as I did that one day that I broke down and cried and then remembered someone cared. That is what Christmas is about. Christlike actions. I can't wait until we can do that for someone! Thank you secret elves. I got to the point that instead of running to the door I would run to the window and try to see who it was. Like a little kid!
Decorating the Gingerbread house:



2 comments:
Carrie!! We care! I miss you a lot & wish you still lived close by!
That is so fun and neat that they would do that. I know how you feel being away from family and wondering if anyone cares. It is amazing how we can get that little glimpse just when we need it most! And by the way I love the idea that you did for Macey's 3 yr picture with all the words on it! So cute and she is beautiful. I wish you guys a very Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment