Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Coast Post

The coast is a little over 45 minutes from our house. 
Just as soon as we got settled at home we drove on over to see what we could find.
  It was cool by the beach but not too cold to enjoy
 Happy kids
 Sad Macey.  Those darn waves:)
Next time we'll bring a change of clothes!
Just as a quick side note. I do Macey's hair...it just never stays in. It might have to do with the fact that she rubs her head on everything.
 The green anenome stick to your hands! 
They release toxins to catch their prey (but don't hurt our fingers).
 This is a tide pool
With hundreds of star fish and little sea creatures!
 Lighthouse
 You can't see them, but way behind those guys are some harbor seals
  

 Cody and Ben climbed over 100 stairs to the top of the lighthouse, but since Macey and Mackayla were too little we just peaked up the winding staircase.
 Here they are at the top.
We also stopped by the Chowder Bowl for some clam chowder. YUM!!!!
We'll be visiting there often!!

5 comments:

Valerie Isham said...

SO FUN! I'm so jealous you guys are out there. There is so much I love about the northwest. Enjoy it for me! :)

Granted By Tiffany said...

Love all the blog updates! Glad you guys are having fun, but we miss you!

leighmichellec said...

Well that sounds like and looks like a great time!
If we take a vacation- ever, we will have to come over that way!!!

Lynette said...

How cool! This better be on the list for when we come!

Kate Clayton said...

I am so jealous! I have always wanted to see star fish like that. Lucky you guys!