Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mackayla.

11 months old.
Loves. Dogs.
The day we walked in the door of our new house I set her on the floor. Never having crawled prior, she set off crawling like she'd been doing it all along and hasn't stopped since. It sure made traveling easier for her not to. Now she stands at things.
Most of the time she goes with the flow. But she can be down right stubborn sometimes! If Cody or Macey really upset her she launches at them and grabs their face or shirt with her vice grip. 
I think all that traveling ruined her, even sometimes going to bed for the night at 2 in the morning. She never slept at the same time or place for a month.  It took it's toll and she is kinda rotten at bedtime! Before that she slept great and now she'll wake up two or three times a night. Last night I had done everything I could think of and decided to just let her cry it out. Ben had just gotten home and said he would go in there. He went in asked her to lay down and rubbed her back for a second, then stood there for a second and she went right to sleep. Hired! If only he was home every night!
I just discovered the beauty of the magic bullet. I had been wondering how I was going to get her to eat protein since she is a little bit picky about what she'll eat- we had to long abandon baby food and I'm about to be done nursing. I blend up whatever we have for dinner and she loves it!
Still just two teeth - in the process of getting more
Once again, she LOVES DOGS!! Her little body can barely contain the excitement when we see one. And Oregon people love their dogs so we see them everywhere. The beautiful thing is they are all well cared for and nice. So different from our experience in Oklahoma with the most annoying 2,000 unleashed-barking-at-2-in-the-morning dogs in our neighborhood.
And dog is her first official word, pronounced "Gah."
 Just started pointing at everything she is looking at.
 
All the time:)  

  
we love this little girl

4 comments:

Carly said...

I love her. I seriously want to come to Oregon asap! BUT being realistic, it won't happen until the Spring. I want to come in August though! We'll see if I can talk Tyler into that.. Haha.. somehow I am imagining that our 5 week vacation was enough for this summer for him. =) We miss you guys though! It looks like Oregon has been awesome so far! I'm so excited to come!

Marilou said...

Carrie, she is so adorable! I'm sorry about the sleep thing though :(

The Asay's said...

She is such a doll. Glad Oregon has been great. Come visit us all in Pullman soon.

Kate Clayton said...

Oh my goodness! She is too cute!