Grandma Bonnie came to visit. A miracle in and of itself considering the chaos she left to join us. Their basement flooded the day before, and this trip was sandwiched in between a vacation and another trip:) Her luggage did not arrive - it was late the next day. To top it off her mother in law's husband passed away the morning after she got here. We so appreciated this visit that was squeezed in between everything else.
We headed out Thursday night to an "adventure." Gathering Together Farms. Ben was less than excited because I didn't have much information other than a burning desire to see what this restaurant was. Everything they cook is grown right there. Oregon organic extraordinaire. We didn't even know if they had meat! But lucky for Ben, they did. I had salmon, he and Bonnie had some nice cut of steak or cow of some kind. Shows how much I know. I must say this is my new FavoRiTe place to eat. I wish I could cook like this. The kids amazing pizza was even cooked in an enormous stone oven.
The next day we headed to the coast to the aquarium. The kids saw a statue and immediately ran to pose:
There is a fun kids area
Love this quote:
Little Fishermen
Then we headed over to Passages of the Deep
Surrounded by water
and fish and sharks!
Then to the 'tide pools'
The next day Ben got to join us!
We headed to the real tide pool
Nothing says I Love You to Macey more than holding her hand to go down perilous steps. She's a lucky girl
We stopped at the Chowder Bowl for delicious chowder.
Mackayla was astounded at what her food could do.
Then we went whale watching!
| Yaquina Bay |
You can't see the whales much from this picture, but we saw them:)!
We also helped pull up the crab traps they set out.
There it is full of crabs with the stinky bait in the middle
| Dungeness Crab |
| Red Rock Crab |
We all got a turn holding them!
My hair goes Crazy in Newport humidity
Notice all our crabs have their pinchers tucked in?
Go figure that Ben and Macey got a feisty one
His little pinchers were going 'buck wild'
Do you see him about to pinch Ben's hand?
That's how Macey felt about it
I don't blame her. He got Ben. Ouch!
Finally, we made it to the beach.
Nothing makes the kids happier than going to the beach, digging in the sand, and looking for treasures.
We had SO much fun seeing grandma. The kids love you coming to visit. All of us do!
Who's coming next???! Seriously, come visit. It's definitely the first, but may be the last, cool place we ever live!:)






2 comments:
I REALLY want to come... We're coming this Spring. just plan on it!!
We are coming too! Carly wants to go together, but I am afraid it would overwhelm the house! I am going to buy a minivan and break it in driving to visit! It may take a couple of days but we will be there!
Post a Comment