First Smile.
First Steps.
First Words.
First Day of School.
All big events in a little life.
Cody was ready early and relaxed for a minute,
before we took him to school.
I asked him to pose with his back pack.
Then he wanted one with how he would actually wear his back pack.
I went grocery shopping. It was easier:) if only because we didn't have the huge bus cart. (but seriously, grocery shopping is never fun.) We had just enough time to get there and back before we picked him up. Kindergarten for Cody is half day. It seems like that is almost rare anymore. I'm so glad. I really feel like that is because this is my first child going to school and I don't want to let him grow up so fast, but I also think he IS still little. Half day is perfect for him and me.
We picked him up and got a short report of how it was. Pretty fun. But he was a little irritable. I was getting frustrated with his rudeness at lunch and almost got after him then reminded myself that this was a big day for him. So I asked him to come sit in my lap. I hugged him for a while and reminded him all new things are fun and kind of scary too.
He was so happy after that. He told me some cool things he did that day. Then that night he gave Ben the full report. I don't know if that hug was for him or me, but it made us both feel better.
So excited for this year! I kinda think Cody's excited to learn to READ about all the million things he's so interested in...space, animals, science experiments, bugs, reptiles, what's the biggest and fastest, planes, machines, ships, cars, inventions...
2 comments:
Ayla is in 1/2 a day as well and I am so grateful for that as well! Very cute pictures :)
So cute! I can't believe he's so big!!
Post a Comment