Amendment to my previous statement/post:
Almost all veterinarians upon graduation go into the work force very successfully.
Additional training and further specialization, such as equine surgery, is optional.
Ben may or may not be applying for a residency here in the next little while.
That is all I will say on the matter. :)
Yesterday was my first parent teacher conference, with many more to follow:) It was good for me to see what Cody's class is learning and get some feedback from the teacher.
Almost all veterinarians upon graduation go into the work force very successfully.
Additional training and further specialization, such as equine surgery, is optional.
Ben may or may not be applying for a residency here in the next little while.
That is all I will say on the matter. :)
Yesterday was my first parent teacher conference, with many more to follow:) It was good for me to see what Cody's class is learning and get some feedback from the teacher.
This is a pic of our family he drew. Priceless!
Part of Macey's preschool requires me to help out a few days in class, kind of a co-op deal. I also have to take 15 hours of class to get 2 college credits, so in a way I'm back in school too:) Price-wise this was a great option for preschool but the best part is the hands on learning I'm getting that I didn't expect. Not in my class, but in Macey's class. The teacher has been teaching for about 30 years and she has a way with kids that is so fun and respectful. From watching her, I've learned a few things for myself:
*It's helpful to state expectations to kids before they start something.
*Never allow your voice to hint at your frustration. If you are frustrated, be firm but steady. That would be awesome if I could do that all the time. Maybe in 30 years?
*The way things are said really affects the response. This one in particular has been helpful to me: "Now would be a good time to use the bathroom" instead of "Do you need to go to the bathroom?" which will be answered with an automatic no.
*Demonstrate courtesy by using it! She always says "I would appreciate it if"... She also understands that kids always listen when you're talking about them and frequently talks positively about them to the parents while they are around.
*Very observant. She taught me something about my own daughter that I didn't know. It's just so foreign to me. Sometimes she doesn't want to do things because she doesn't know how, allow her to observe and learn. Encourage her to try and not be afraid to fail once or twice.
*Explaining natural consequences seems to work well for the kids. Macey came home one day telling me that a boy couldn't see out of one eye because he was running with a stick and he poked it out. Come to find out, one of the moms had told a story about a boy who was running with a stick and did in fact poke his eye. But understanding that means she will never run with a stick.
I find I am able to have just a little bit more patience just because of her example. So glad I last minute signed up for preschool!

1 comment:
You are the cutest mom. I had to laugh at your 'ammendment' about the Vet school stuff. I can totally see Tyler doing the exact same thing... haha. But we are coming for Christmas December 18th-30th. Tyler won't be coming until like the 22nd? We think. When are you guys going to be able to go?
Post a Comment