Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Miss Macey and the Kit Kat Kitty Cake

We have a rule that started when Mackayla was born and I was getting no sleep and Ben wasn't home enough to take shifts. It was that Cody and Macey couldn't come out of their room until 7:00 a.m.  We've kept it going, because I just like it:) Every morning I hear Macey my little morning child at exactly 7:00 a.m. coming out of her room. This morning was no different. She tiptoed into my room and I told her happy birthday!

Then I told her I was going to tell her about her birth day. Little details about the day she was born. When I was done, she asked when I would tell her about her birthday. Birthday, to her, is CAKE. Then she stood up on the bed with her arms carefully to her side and declared I am taller. She saw something on my desk, then went to see her dad getting ready to leave. I heard a piece of their conversation, "It was on she's desk." Ben: "It was on her desk." Macey: "Ya, I know." Cody came sleepily in and Macey told him we are one year different now (they are two, but for two months they are 4 and 5). She stood like 5 feet from the bed and told me to move because she was going to jump to the bed. Apparently when you're 4 you can do superhuman things you just can't do when you're three. Pretty cool.

Life is not dull with Macey.

I asked her some of her favorites. Here they are:
Favorite food: edamame and blueberries
Favorite Thing To Do: play with daddy
Favorite Color: Pink and purple and yellow and orange and brown and black
Favorite Toy: Kitty Shadow and Hobbit
Favorite Place To Go: To School
Favorite Candy: Chocolate
Favorite Treat: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Favorite Song: Follow the Prophet

A few more pieces of trivia about Macey:
She asks every day that I do her hair "on one side" and one side only.
She can wear a pair of shoes out in one day, and she does with most of her shoes.
She is hard to think of presents to get because the few times we go to look she finds things that Cody and Mackayla would like, and nothing for herself. She is very thoughtful. Even today when she opened gifts the only things she said were thank you and how much Mackayla would like the necklace she got.
The most important parts of this cake were that there is a ball of licorice yarn for the cat and strawberry cake inside.
I actually talked Macey into the plastic kitty. She wanted a fondant one:)

Her "Colors" present
I think we did well with the presents we got, she seems to love them.
 Snazzy new outfit from grandma Bonnie. so macey

 picture treasure hunt at the party
 Happy Birthday to you! 
Macey knew exactly who she wanted to invite:
 L to R: Jax, Hallie, Cody, Marshall, DD, Macey, Lizzie
 When it came time to blow out the candles I could see Macey tense up. She doesn't love that part. So we all blew out the candles together!





 Macey's best friend, and accomplice, is sweet Lizzie. We love her!
Her mom Jakobi, on the left, used to do birthday parties at the gymnastics gym she manages...it was sure nice to have her help!!
Happy Birthday Macey!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I am always so amazed by how "intuitive" you seem to be with your kids. I don't feel like I have that gift. You're such a good example to me and such a great mom!