Sunday, August 25, 2013

three things

Out of the clear blue during lunch today Macey logically informed me "you don't know anything so dad is the chief." (No idea where this indian theme came about.) Ben told her we are both chiefs and then winked and whispered to me, "but don't forget that she's right." She didn't mean that literally, just to be clear:)

We made zucchini bread, Tons of zucchini bread. I told Cody to take some to our neighbor, one of his friends who lives right next door. We'll call him Matt. We've lived here a month and see this boy very often but I reviewed where Matt lived with Cody just to be sure. Cody enthusiastically grabbed the bread, ran outside, exclaimed "Here Matt!" and shoved it in the hands of a boy that happened to be standing outside, whom we have never seen in our lives. ~I think he made that boy's day though.

Mackayla goes through phases of favorite words she says frequently. It used to be "maybe" inserted into random sentences. Now it's "eyeball." It's surprising how often this word can be used in daily conversation.
She prayed at dinner the other night. I just start the prayer and she takes it away. She prays for things like family members, toys, house, swimming. Thank you is pronounced distinctly "do-mm." As she ended, instead of our traditional closing, she held out her hands and pronounced "The End!"

No comments: