Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Fun. Found. Food and Gratitude.

Our ward had a pancake breakfast and service project.
Then Santa came to visit. But the girls informed me that this was not the real santa, he was just dressed up like him. Sheesh, when did kids get so observant? (Cody was at basketball.)
Ben could go swimming every single day of his life.
We like to call this underwater swimming "going to outer space."

Mackayla really doesn't ever want to learn to ride a bike. We're forcing her.  I think she might get it sometime soon. I'm looking forward to some summer bike rides where I don't push her and her training wheels the entire way.
So my phone was lost in the jungles of Mexico and then found as we were boarding our cruise ship and they promised they would send it to me. But they never did and I can't say I was surprised.
What did surprise me, though, is that they shipped it back to me two months later!! Just driving to the fedex pickup location was a trip thinking about how much mail they actually deliver. Trucks as far as you can see and my little phone made it all the way here, in all this organized chaos, from the jungle.
Yay! And yay Norwegian!
This is how we roll shopping lately. Mackayla is SOO easy to shop with. I kind of feel like I won the jackpot having her last, she's just so go with the flow. I'm not sure we really even had terrible twos or threes. 
Last week I signed me and the kids up to do a volunteer project in another city.
It was a food bank and we helped distribute the food.
People lined up and we handed out the food and then helped take it to their cars.
People were taking boxes and boxes and needed help getting it all there.
Cody was just awesome helping carry bags, boxes, milk and whatever. 
There's something about a sweet boy that makes people willing to let them help.

The girls were great. They were super friendly and kept all the end of the row bags stocked and explained to everyone what was in them.
They really didn't know why people would come get free food and it was a great opportunity to explain that some people don't have money for food. I hope it helped them feel gratitude and I hope it opened up their world just a tiny bit more than it was before. Every little thing.



No comments: