Wednesday, September 13, 2017

We Rise by Lifting Others-Girls Camp

Girls Camp 2017
Before picture
Theme: "We Rise by Lifting Others"
 We went to a boy scout camp girls' week near Huntsville, Utah.
Activities were jam packed into three days, and the food was remade plastic-like forms of real food. There were four people-ish to a rustic cabin we slept in. I slept soo good there!
We did rock climbing, ropes courses, knife throwing, repelling, swimming, canoeing, paddle boarding and tons more. Super fun.

 This is called giant's ladder and is way harder than it looks to get to the top.
 We also did a "team building" class where you had to work together to accomplish your goal. Good for the girls.

 What is girls' camp without some crafts?

Here's the polar plunge group. The water is hovering above freezing.
 I for sure did not participate. It's the only thing I didn't try, and I really don't feel like I missed out after watching them suffer.
 Some people could not figure paddling out, but this was actually a boat malfunction and they couldn't steer back:)
 One of my favorite things was the sunset hike. We got up before dawn and had to silently hike up to the top of a peak and got to watch the sun rise over the next peak.

 There was a race between all the wards going through the entire course, and our ward won:)
 Repelling was off 120 foot cliff or something like that. Far enough to be exciting!


This was a great opportunity to get to know the young women in our ward. They are all incredibly sweet and inclusive. There's no cliques or, really, any arguing or disagreements at all. I doubt that is typical, but I was SO impressed. The laurels took charge of all the devotionals and were in charge of the younger girls and did a phenomenal job. Testimony meeting was amazing. If this is any indication of what the youth of the church look like then we are in good hands. 

No comments: