These pictures probably look kind of unremarkable considering I'm too lazy to actually walk outside to avoid the glare of inside lights, but I was obsessed last year (this year) with taking pictures of the gorgeous sunrises and sunsets and the clouds.
There are no clouds in California.
Once, there was a day with a bunch and I probably saw 10 people post a picture of the clouds in the sky on social media because it was so epic!
Plus the mountains are so colorful in the fall.
It helps that my parents have a perfect view of the mountain sunrises and lake mountain sunsets.
Continuing with soccer documentation
Macey:
I coached Mackayla's team this year.
They were adorable, and I mostly loved that we didn't have to be responsible for an extra practice during the week, just a half hour before the games!
Cody's team killed it this season. No other team even really came close to winning.
One thing I love about soccer is you can immediately pick out which players gravitate towards defense, and which ones gravitate to offense. Good coaches can watch for strengths and play those players in the most advantageous positions. But let's be real, this is AYSO so everyone gets a turn everywhere:) I would say Cody shines in offense, Macey loves defense, and Mackayla would be a great midfielder if she can get her cardio polished up.
All in all, I don't care what sport my kids play. I just understand soccer. But I just think it's important that they do something to move and get exercise!
Apparently I wanted to document the agonizingly slow growth of my ax-split nails.
I am in young women's in our ward with the beehives and I love it. The youth in this ward are confident, and have strong testimonies. It was interesting to watch them blossom this year. Beehives do a lot of growing up in just two years!
It was also sad to watch social media addiction literally zap the happiness from one of the young women. It was kind of a sharp decline from the time I was called to the time we moved and I was sad to see her so sad.
Bonnie and Jeff redid their upstairs and had a decorator design it. It's beautiful (and still in the stages of completion here).
Burton had a carnival and we went over to support them one night. They had a darling petting zoo area. I saw one of Ben's friends from high school that he was on seminary council with and talked to her for a little bit while we waited in line. She really blossomed after high school and appeared happy. She was divorced and was single-momming it with four kids at Burton Elementary.
About a year later, she commit suicide. It was so eye-opening to know that someone I just assumed was happy (according to our conversation) and finding success despite trials was so not okay.
This is how I like to roll in cold weather.
My sister kept buying me new clothes when I would watch her aging Dougie dog. I definitely got the better end of the deal, he was relatively easy (except for his incontinence:)) He passed away a little while ago and it was a sad loss for my sister:( We miss Dougie!
My parents sent me flowers for my birthday:)



No comments:
Post a Comment