We had a few easter egg hunts. One done by the city (5 minutes of pure chaos!), and a small friend one in our complex.
On Easter Sunday Cody came running into our room early that morning and said "There are dragons on our table!" They got dragons in their easter baskets (randomly!). The only thing better would have been a remote control, flying, shooting, winged spaceship. That is what Cody really wants someday:)
Cody's preschool group went on a field trip to a farm. Unfortunately there was a freezing cold wind so we didn't stay outside long, but we got to go in the barn and see the chickens and saw the cows. They each got to get an egg from the chicken house and pet the chicken. Macey really loved the chickens but would only pet them once, and not for the picture:)


I don't know if this short video is even going to work, but this is Cody, Ben and Macey wrestling. One of the (many) TOP reasons I love having Ben home. The other night, as I was about to go crazy from grumpy children at about 6 Ben walked in the door and it was INSTANT happiness for everyone. He played and wrestled with the kids. I conversed with him in a refreshing adult conversation. I cleaned the kitchen after dinner. He bathed and got the kids ready for bed while I relaxed. It was a PERFECT night.
I don't know if this short video is even going to work, but this is Cody, Ben and Macey wrestling. One of the (many) TOP reasons I love having Ben home. The other night, as I was about to go crazy from grumpy children at about 6 Ben walked in the door and it was INSTANT happiness for everyone. He played and wrestled with the kids. I conversed with him in a refreshing adult conversation. I cleaned the kitchen after dinner. He bathed and got the kids ready for bed while I relaxed. It was a PERFECT night.
Not to get off track, but a quick side note. If you are not appreciating your husband, send him away for a few days (or in our case a month:). I truly think it's important to know you can do it by yourself if you have to. You gotta know that; have a little independence. Having said that, I so appreciate what Ben does for our family, he is amazing!
3 comments:
Love all the pictures. I bet it is so nice to have Ben home finally. Hope you are doing well.
Sometimes I complain about having Joseph gone until 9:00 pm a few nights a week. But I am so impressed with you taking over by yourself for a whole month! But I agree, too, it feels good to know that you CAN do it! Enjoy having him home!
I can totally relate to that. It's those nights that I think I'm going to kill my kid!!! THen Dad comes home and everything is better, even if it's just getting me away from Kherrington for a bit!! So glad you guys are back together at home!! Any job offers yet?
Post a Comment