Monday, March 5, 2012

Five Kid Weekend

We had two extra kids this weekend, Olive and Elle. As far as babysitting goes, hands down best behaved kids. We had fun with them!
Cody has a unique ability to rile everyone up to extreme hyper-ness, so at night as he was getting to the point of crazy I flipped on a movie.
Mackayla really can sit, but she often ends up in the bumbo. Is it bad parenting that I'm not encouraging the steps towards crawling?? She doesn't know what she's missing and doesn't seem to mind! Of course it's not that I don't want to, things are just crazy.
Macey and Olive, who is five, actually seemed to really have fun together. She fell asleep by her watching the movie. So sweet.

We went to the "petting zoo" farm day at a children's museum. After petting the goat and looking at the pig they had seen the whole petting zoo part of it. Yep, that was it! After that we played at the park and got ice cream.

The only downside of the whole thing was that Mackayla got up 6 times the second night and Cody and Macey each a couple times, which is really rare for them. I let Mackayla "cry it out" last night after they left because she seems just fine. I hate doing that!!!!!! She is just too sweet. But then after crying for a half hour or so she went to sleep for the rest of the night. We'll see how it goes now.

Don't even ask what the thing on Mackayla's back is, we'll just say it's some sort of sheep; it's not the point. I thought this picture was so funny and typical Mackayla. She doesn't like being on her back or her tummy. She just wants to sit. So when I put her on the floor this is what she does. And she just keeps on smiling. Nothing seems to phase her.
Oh! I got her to pop her head up. and she let me know she was good to get up too.

Here's the three of them watching a movie,

obviously...Cody's face never changes.

Still glued.
Apparently the only time I think to take pictures is while they are occupied watching movies.


Today it was so nice outside we went to the park in t shirts and played for hours. I got my first sunburn...time for sunscreen. Tonight we had a family home evening lesson on choosing friends (on my pinboard, check it out) that was new and fun.
After bathtime I was sitting in front of Macey brushing her hair and she was crying. She said something funny (can't remember) and I started laughing so hard. She knew it was funny and joined in, heartily laughing. Then the switch flipped and she started crying equally hard.
The switch flipped again and she began giggling with me. Then crying really hard. The scream cry.
And finally, laughing then crying.
This all happened within 1 minute but her emotions of pure happiness and pure despair were really felt each time, like it was the first time she was laughing or crying. She fell asleep pret-ty quick.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Cute pics! Mackayla looks like a little turle with her head up and the "sheep" thing!