I have always thought our curtains in this house were ugly, so when I saw the idea to paint stripes on your curtains I was sold. They looked so good on pinterest. This pic is the beginning of the end. Two stripes are on the bottom where I had started.
It was a lot harder than it looked, or than I envisioned it, but I perservered. Here they are:
SOOOOOOO ugly. worse in real life. Before I started my uncarefully thought out project I glanced at curtains and thought I could get a good set for $15 if the project went south. The project did go south, but you can't get curtains for that price, so these are the UGLIER new curtains I got:
Serves me right. But they aren't coming with us, so I'm not too worried. Is that so wrong?
This picture is one of those things that I have always been so annoyed with. Until tonight. I realized how cute it is.
Macey loves pads of paper and she will draw little scribbles like this. On all 100 pages. Each one has its own unique little doodle.
I used to get new pads but she does it on all of them so I have started writing over it. This time I paused to take a picture of her artwork before I wrote my shopping list down.
Tonight for family home evening we talked about conference coming up. Cody's teacher sent him home with a cute little conference packet. Cody was so excited about it that he wanted to do something tonight so he drew the prophet, President Thomas S. Monson:
Then gave him a suit:
This is me:
Then he realized I needed arms:
Another person (not sure who this was):
Love it.
Here's Macey in her goggles. I'm not capable of taking non-blurry pictures. Her teacher is so cute with her but Macey has perservered in her dislike of swimming lessons. Today she sat on the side very content and her teacher just let her until she was ready to get in. She's getting smart. Only one more class. Macey is actually very good about going even though she doesn't love them, she hasn't complained about going once.



3 comments:
Congrats on the big move Carrie! We're soooo excited to see you guys in June! And I want to come visit in Oregon! It seems like such a cool state... unlike North Dakota. Hahaha... Miss you guys! And ya, I would never try painting fabric. It just seems like a a HUGE disaster waiting to happen. Haha..
I bought some white sheets last week that I was going to paint stripes on and make into curtains. Mayyyybe I will re-think that idea! ha!
Those pictures Cody drew make me so happy. I am still giggling. Kids are the best, aren't they?
Post a Comment