A new record for me...I just downloaded 300 pictures from this last month. I'm not sure I've ever taken that many pictures.
So...this is obviously a rewind to June 1 and then I'll catch up.
Bye house!
Bye Oklahoma!
We will miss our friends and our ward there. Honestly some incredible people that I really admire live there.
(I covertly took a picture of our neighbors. ;) Notice the car that was beaten with a baseball bat at 2am from a drug induced rage. Oh I miss those things. Wait, that was my favorite part about moving.)
We really did have some sweet neighbors on the other side and in our backyard. I regret not getting pictures of them. But they took care of us here.
Cody was not happy that we forgot to take our tree house. There it is! Luckily we have a new one that we get to hang here!The scenery along the way was flat and it's windy, so I guess these are useful:
My amazing parents came and helped us, once again, move our stuff across the country. We started our trek and realized that the Budget truck topped out at about 57 mph. 62 downhill. That made for a long trip and incidentally our truck did that on the way here. My advice: don't get a budget truck unless you love driving for hours upon hours in a loud archaic truck.
Our first adventure happened when regular fuel was put into the diesel engine of the truck. Yikes! We had a four hour detour. But my mother is the best person to be with in an event like that. We cruised the aisles of the grocery store for hours while the kids picked out a treasure and a treat. Then we sat and ate them and played games. Seriously, a great memory now that it's over! And my dad has 50 gallons of gas. ha ha!
Props to Mackayla for enduring the long drives. Once we made it to Utah Cody and Macey stayed with grandma Bonnie and grandpa Jeff and we kept going to Oregon. Mackayla came with us. She logged close to 60 hours in the car of just straight traveling (not day to day stuff) this last month, all with minimal complaining. She is a champ.
**Day 1 of Ben's new job today...and of course, he got called in! It's now 12:00 and he is not home. Supposedly though, his hours won't be nearly as intense as they were last year. Yea! But so far...not true:)





3 comments:
Oh man!!!
Carrie!! I'm so glad you are closer now! We've missed you guys. You are a serious trooper.
We always rent U-hauls because we've heard bad stories about Budget. What a bummer! Moving is always an adventure. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment