Thursday, September 27, 2012

Miss Macey starts Preschool

 She has it all figured out...first we got pictures. Outside per her instructions.
I love that she chose her ugly ripped pink crocs with dirt on them. They're her current favorite shoes.
Once we made it to the classroom I waited for a couple minutes for her to get settled in.
 She glanced back at me and said "Mom you should go now."  
Really loud. All the other moms waiting there snickered.
What kind of mom hovers over her children anyway?
Yes, me.
But Macey didn't need it. My little independent free spirit.
There she is marching around the playground. Luckily one of Cody's friends from church is in her class. I kind of think that's who Macey gets along with best at the moment - Cody's friends!

I would like to say it's crazy how fast she's grown up. And it is. But in all honesty I kind of look at this and think
Huh. She's only in preschool?
She already LOVES it.
Her teacher asked if she's always so cheerful.
Apparently when she's at school she just beams all day.
A sample of vocabulary from the running commentary of Macey:
"You made that? That's incredible. I'm so delighted."...etc. etc.
I just love her word choice. All pronounced with W's for L's. It makes me smile.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I love your pics. Super cute. The clothes are cute too :)

Lynette said...

I don't know why this is a separate comment. But congrats to Macey going to preschool. She is pretty darn cute. I just love that girl and her spunk.