Monday, November 26, 2012

Responsibility

As I was heading out the door for my preschool class I said my goodbyes to my kids.  (Class was fun-we talked about holiday traditions, gift ideas, and the importance about discussing traditions with your spouse before hand!) (Another side track: the last two times I have gone to class disaster has struck. Well, the last one was my fault-I got a $260 ticket for not paying attention to a stop sign - in a random place in the dark pouring rain...isn't that a good excuse? The time before that I left my wallet in our car and our window was smashed and it was taken. Luckily, all was well this time.)
Anyway, back to my original point. Macey ran up to give last minute instructions before I left. The list was long and I should have planned an extra 5 minutes into my departure. Here are some of them:
Don't forget to buckle up.
I need a kiss and a hug.
[We kiss, then hug, then her signature kiss on each cheek and kiss on the lips.]
Wear a coat.
Drive the speedy limit.
Don't forget to turn on your lights because it's dark outside. If you don't, you will drive into other cars going the other way. They will crush your car [hand actions here] and your body will get smashed.

As I walked out the door she kept listing instructions until she hollered a final goodbye!

This morning as Cody was going to school I said goodbye then watched as Macey walked him to the door and then said "Should we have a hug?" I know I didn't say that. This is a Macey thing. They hugged and she sent him off.

I also discovered another thing I love about the way she talks. She describes adjectives (describing words). So describing pants is not just "long pants" but long-to-the-floor pants (we have to clarify because if she chooses, she will choose her purple summer basketball shorts and her I Love Seattle t shirt). And this morning as she kissed Ben goodbye she let him know he needed to shave his whiskers-that-are-scrapy.