Mackayla's dance class had a dance showcase.
They showed us what a typical dance day is like and what they have learned.
Start with stretching
BANANA!
BANANA SPLIT!
Warm up songs
A fun song for the kids!
They always end with curtsy song.
It is adorable.
I love the teacher's goals and routines and that she plays classical music for lots of their songs. Children need to hear more classical music.
They do other fun songs too!
The girls each got a medal.
Mrs. Tracy said that when Mackayla started she would hardly do anything if someone was looking at her, and now she is not scared to perform at all.
Mackayla proudly wears the medal EVERY. DAY.
Apparently the video won't upload...bummer!
Mackayla is growing up. She is quiet but quietly confident. I hope this quiet confidence serves her well, to know who she is and what she wants out of life. I don't anticipate that she will want or need accolades from others and I think this will be a strength to her. Especially in a social media obsessed world.
Mackayla is a fast runner.
She has a very distinct unique laugh and Ben and I love it.
I heard a cute little girl copying her laugh one day. Kind of hilarious.
Whenever we go to the park she inconspicuously takes Macey's shoes and chucks them somewhere to hide them from her. Not to be mean, just to tease her. Then never says a word to Macey. Just waits until she is totally confused about where her shoes are, and watches:)
She had a cold for a few weeks, then just as she might have gotten better she got another cold. The cough - ugh, the cough - lasted forever. (There was a month there between everyone coughing that I felt like I had a newborn with as much as I was waking up. ) The cough is better now but she can't hear. We took her in for tests. After an hour of waiting they took us back for a test to tell us she indeed can't hear. Yup. Then they just said wait it out, the fluid will eventually go away.
Even though she denies up and down that she is ever sick, she was crying and saying her ear hurt today. She just got a fever too, so we will see what happens.
Talking about my kids is sometimes braggy. Isn't that what parents are supposed to do? I love my kiddos and want them to know that I'm proud of them. And this is where I do that:)
No comments:
Post a Comment