Friday, May 20, 2016

Smells and Shells

Part One:
Thursday evening I cleared out the fridge of two week old meat and fish and put it down the disposal.
I flipped it on with the water running. A huge geyser (think Old Faithful in a kitchen) of murky water started shooting out of the sink. It took me a second to recover from the onslaught of filmy fishy water that sprayed me and the rest of the kitchen before I could dive to the disposal and stop the show. Clogged drains are the worst.
It was perfect though because I love the smell of old fish. Gag!!!

Part Two:
Ben and I walked out in the hall at about 10:30 the next night and were hit with a wall of something gone wrong.
We followed it in to Mackayla. Now when there are disgusting messes Ben gets all freaked out and starts listing the things that need to be done, like he can make it go away by ordering it gone. I told him he should probably go before he dry heaved, and he was happy to, and I assessed the situation. 
Mackayla hates messes about as much as Ben, so I figured rather than wake her and freak her out too, I would take her in the bathroom so at least Macey could stay asleep.
I took her in to the bathtub and started taking off her underwear.

That's when she woke up.

She started kicking her legs
flinging the contents all over the bathroom. 
Super awesome.
And Mackayla was a little freaked out, but all things considered, totally happy and pleasant the entire time. She's so cute.

Later that night (after I had finished scrubbing what felt like everything in our house) I heard this banging coming from down the hall. I walked into Cody's room and he was thrashing around. Either it was a terrible dream or he was battling something in his sleep.
Macey also woke up two or three times.

No one slept great that night. Is it a full moon?

Cody and Ben went camping tonight and with our luck they will probably get sprayed by a skunk:)!

In better news:

I had finally given in to the idea that California beaches just have no shells. 
I am kind of obsessed with them, so it was disappointing.
But today on a jog at the ocean I discovered their hiding place!
  
It's a totally secluded beach with no pathway down to it. I kinda ran over rocks to get to it. 

This is my buddy when I shower and get ready. She usually hangs out and talks to me
and then we put on "lipstick" (chapstick) together. 
 I got my haircut (finally)
It was TIME and a lot of hair later I felt normal again!
That's about it for today! 

I love Pentatonix. This is their beatboxer doing a little "celloboxing" <-click he="" is="" p="" so="" talented="" there.="">

No comments: