Saturday, July 23, 2016

Ten Miles

The kids went on a bike ride while I jogged along side Mackayla pushed Mackayla the entire way. Those training wheels! I can't wait until we get that one figured out:)
We went to the area where there's a cave hike. I figured it was around a 2 mile bike ride in and then a short hike to the caves.
The 2 mile bike ride turned into a 6 mile bike ride because the fence, that is normally closed, was open. I was sure we turned only where the CLOSED fence was. Until we came to the closed fence, almost to the ocean-but only through private property chained with five locks-and I realized we went WAY too far. 
We turned around and finally made it to the hiking part. 
Here's the first set of caves and Cody doing his impression of George Washington. 




 More George
Then we went to the second round of caves 
I tried to convince the kids to turn around because I was beyond tired.
We saw a deer, too 
But the kids really wanted to find the tree cave. We never found it! But we got to Dripping Cave. 

Then we had to turn around and head home. Just as we hopped in the car my watch let me know we clocked in 10 slow miles complete with cave exploring and lunch.
They were troopers and then Cody headed straight to basketball practice!! 

No comments: