Thursday, July 7, 2016

Scout Camp

Scout camp is a week my kids have started to look forward to in the summer.
Archery was Cody and Macey's favorite.
(Macey was in the sibling camp and I wasn't able to see her shoot!)


Here was their schedule. I came on W/Th
Cody was on fire at soccer and scored two of his teams goals:)


 The hike was hot but got us up high enough to have a view. 

 The only catch this year is that Macey was so disappointed that I didn't sign her up as an actual camper and not as a sibling in the sibling camp, because they don't do all the activities that everyone else does. Next year I'll have to for sure. And they only come the days I volunteer, so two days. 
She really wants to do girl scouts but I don't have it in me to do boy scouts and girl scouts every week. Scouting is kind of intense. I keep reassuring her that activity days will be so fun when she turns 8. I sure hope it is!!
I did get them the second day at lunch time so they could get ice cream and it solved any problems in the world. 

Bottle rockets entertained them the entire hour they had them! 

The favorite day is Friday when they have a huge mud/water fight and do archery for the final time.
Scouters are serious about their business, and serious about their fun!

No comments: