Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Letter to Macey



Dear Macey,
I smile when I think of you. I want to always remember what you are like at three. I have to remind myself you ARE just three because you seem much much older. As an infant you were my most demanding when you were awake, but by far my best sleeper and best nurser (even when you were sick as a baby, which was very often, you slept well.) and it seems you still have demanding times and content times. While sometimes as your mother that seems hard, when I sit back and think about it, that intensity is part of what I love about you.
At three you do not always immediately like people when you first meet them, but it does not take long before you truly love and value them. However, you are extremely friendly and chatty in general, such as at the grocery store. You love it when people tease you!
You can play contentedly or cause contention like all children. But you do each fantastically.
You tell me I can do something when you know I'm doing it as if you are approving or giving me instructions. Such as: you see me giving Mackayla a toy and you say: "Mom, you can give Mackayla that toy."
You love to read books to yourself and remember many books we have read together. Your favorite books are 'predictable books' - the kind with repeating patterns. You are incredibly smart. You love letters and know all of them and your sounds and I imagine you will be learning to read very soon and have read a simple word or two with help.
You love playing with Cody and insist that all his friends are your friends. He is your best friend. What a blessing to have a friend that will always move to the new places you will move.
At this stage in your life you cry often. It's fairly loud:) We have tried incentives for swimming, like an ice cream if you don't cry. Today you cried so you didn't get a lollipop, but when I told you that you didn't get one you didn't cry about that, you understood and it was fair.
You are very sensitive but very internally strong.
You crave justice and get frustrated if things aren't right. Unless you decide it's okay. Then you are very self-sacrificing.
I tell you I love you often. Words seem to mean a lot to you.
I honestly wish I could record your life and everything you say. Tonight right after you brushed your teeth you came up and told me the whole process in your sweet three year old voice, that can't quite say l's, and it went something like this: "Mom I brushed my teeth so good then I gobbled a huge drink and it went in my mouth, down my neck, in my belly, and out my pee." It's not just the words you use (which you like to describe Everything you observe), but it's the often animated way you do it. There is so much enthusiasm when you explain using your hands and craning your neck that the water went down your neck (inside) and in your belly (while you rub your belly all around).
I love you Sweet Macey. You are my sugar and spice in life.

3 comments:

leighmichellec said...

Love this! Great job mamma! It makes me want to write about my children! I sure miss you guys.

Kelli Dixon said...

What a sweet letter. (made me cry!) You are such a good mother! I miss you!

The Asay's said...

Oh Macey you are such a doll. What a sweet letter Carrie. You are such a good mom.