Monday, January 20, 2014

Favorites Day 16 - Macey

Macey is my child of opposites.
She is so fascinating. It's fun to watch her grow up and see what she loves.
Macey is so friendly and outgoing, yet she hates being in the spotlight in a crowd.
She is so physically fragile/clumsy (and she might yell at you if you try to help when she's hurt) yet if she's sick she's tough as nails.
She isn't afraid to rip someone's head off but is simultaneously one of the most sensitive people to others feelings.
Basically she has an incredibly dynamic personality
and while I'm supposed to be the parent teaching her how to do things
I sit back in awe and watch this girl teach me and keep me in line.
Who else would remind me what I need to remember
and keep the other kids in line;)
She learned to read well over a year ago. Kindergarten is going to be a breeze.
She doesn't just understand; doing her work meticulously and detailed is important too. Each paper is a work of art.
But she is not one to rub in her smartness, she patiently and quietly watches others learn and is very aware of their feelings and wants them to feel smart too. That is my favorite part of her brilliance.
She can ride a wiggle rider fast. If there were wiggle rider competitions I'm sure she would win. Her multiple ruined shoes will prove it.

She loves hanging out with adults who like talking to kids.
They are some of her favorite people.
She is left handed. I'm glad she has a left handed aunt to teach her some things that might be tough to teach opposite handed!
She is my child of drama. Many times she will be crying very hard but I know she isn't hurt and I have decided not to always respond to her at those times. Unfortunately, other people think I'm a bad lazy mom and go to her rescue. Ah, I don't know the right answer:)! Overall, she is such a good kid and very charming if I do say so myself.

She is highly inspired, and motivated, by food. She loves a good lollipop and ice cream. Going to the bank is always exciting for the treats. She loves fruit of all kinds and avocado. She also has a sixth sense for when it is around. Once Ben ate a piece of licorice and had it swallowed before he even got in the car. Macey, who was in the very back of the minivan and had no idea we even had licorice said, "I smell licorice. And I want some."
She is my most observant child. Nothing gets past her. We've seriously already had the time of the month discussion because she noticed and asked me enough pointed questions that I had to explain.
I literally cannot imagine life without any of our kids. They make our family so fun, so chaotic, so dramatic, so happy, so complete. We love your sass, your charm, and your sensitivity Macey Begacey.
You are definitely without a doubt one of my most favorite people on this earth, and I'm confident one of my most favorite people in the eternities. That makes our bond pretty special:) I love you.

No comments: